Name: Paul Mugambi
Department: Business and Economics
School: Business and Economics
Area of Specialization: Economics
Contact Address: P.O. Box 155 Mikinduri
Academic and Professional Qualifications
- 2007 - 2012 - PhD (Economics) - specializing in Economics of Education at the University of Pune-India under Commonwealth Fellowship Scholarship.
- 2008 – 2010 - MBA – Sikkim-Manipal University - While pursuing my PhD in Economics under Commonwealth scholarship, I concurrently enrolled for Master of Business Administration (MBA) specializing in Human Resources Management
- 1997 – 1999 - M.A in Economics -University of Dar-es-Salaam Sponsored by African Economic Research Consortium (AERC). Specialised in Public Finance and International Economics.
- 1987 – 1990 - B.Ed in Economics and Business Studies, Second Class Honours - Upper Division - Kenyatta University.
- 1985 – 1986 - K.A.C.E;Four Principals (12 points) - Moi Forces Academy
- 1981 - 1984 - K.C.E - Division 1 of 20 Points - Thika Technical School
- To Date - Kenya School of Government (KSoG) Training - qualified and experienced trainer
- 2010-2012 - Post-Graduate Diploma in United Nations (UN) Studies at the Institute of UN Studies, New Delhi, India.
- 2006 - 2008 - Post-graduate Diploma in Project Management
- Currently - University of Embu, Department of Business and Economics –Teaching and curriculum development and research among other duties
Worked in Meru County Government as a CEC- Department of planning and Land development as well as director M&E
- 2013-2017 - Worked as Coordinator MBA programme and a Chairman, Department of Economics-South Eastern Kenya University (SEKU)
- 2012 - 2013 - -Worked with Kenyatta University-Kitui Campus Department of Economics as a part-time lecturer
-Worked with Kenya Methodist University (KEMU) as a part-time lecturer in -Department of Business Studies and Economics as well as External Examiner - MED Programme – Department of Education of KEMU
Worked with the Teachers Service Commission Secretariat as the Deputy Directorin charge of Policy, Planning and Research Division. Main duty was planning for all the TSC operations under performance contracting.
- 1996 – 2005 - Worked with the Ministry of Education in Various capacities and positions in the Directorate of Quality Assurance, both in the field and at the Head Office.
• Business Field